No of Reviews
% of 5-Star
% of 1-Star
|Stoic Knee Sleeves for Power-lifting (Pair)||$64.99||365||85%||1%||9.7|
|PowerLix Compression Knee Sleeve||$15.99||1,502||79%||
|Nordic Lifting Knee Sleeves (Pair)||$39.99||2,344||81%||4%||9.5|
|Mava Sports Knee Support Sleeves (Pair)||$19.95||2,865||66%||4%||9.3|
|Bear KompleX Knee Sleeves (Pair)||$44.98||904||72%||8%||9.2|
Knee problems are an all-too-common issue in many athletes, especially those involved in activities that put a lot of strain on the legs. And most of us are very familiar with the little creaking noises our knee joints make when we squat down. With one wrong move, a knee injury can take you from the gym to the couch before you can say the word “meniscus”. In fact, according to a study completed in 2012, 6.6 MILLION people in the U.S. went to the Emergency Room for knee injuries between 1999 and 2008. (source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22506941). The study specifically states that “The knee is the most commonly injured joint by adolescent athletes with an estimated 2.5 million sports-related injuries presenting to EDs annually.” Yikes!
It is true that most adult athletes have experienced knee injury or pain at some point in their lives. Knee sleeves often help solve this problem to a great extent. And one of the best applications for knee sleeves is weightlifting. There are many different types of knee sleeves that offer different ranges of support for different kinds of activities.
For runners, the 3mm knee sleeve is best, especially for long distance running which requires extended stability, support and lightweight breathable design for long hours of wear. This sleeve is not too thick, which makes it more comfortable during running and other light bodyweight exercise.
For weightlifters and those invested in heavier activities (such as kettlebells and strongman events), a 7mm sleeve is best because it adds the additional support needed for exercises that require bearing more than just your bodyweight. These knee sleeves are thick and heavy in order to help cancel out the extra pressure on your knees.
For other moderate activities, the best sleeve to use is the 5mm sleeve since it falls somewhere in the middle. 5mm knee sleeves are considered to be the general-use knee sleeves and can also be used in place of the other two for those who feel more comfortable wearing this thickness.
Without wasting much time, lets get into the review of our Top 5 Table.
This is a great knee sleeve that is very helpful in power-lifting and during squats.It is made up of 7mm thick neoprene material and reduces knee pains, while offering injury protection
- Very durable and remains the same during heavy squats of 500lbs+
- Keeps knee joints warm and insulated and good for tendinitis
- Snug fit with great stitching
- After some months they don't keep in position anymore
- The bottom anti-slip material might rip your leg hair
2) PowerLix Compression Knee Sleeve (3mm)
This is a knee sleeve good for sufferers of arthritis and meniscus tear. Good for a wide range of sports, including basketball and running. This is the only single one on the list as the others are sold in pairs.
- Great for those with knee injuries, tendinitis, arthritis, swelling.
- High absorption capacity and eliminates bad odors.
- Longer length than many knee sleeve available in the market.
- Package includes just one sleeve instead of a pair
- Doesn't offer a lot of compression
3) Nordic Lifting Knee Sleeves (Pair) (7mm)
This is one of the best sleeves for taking your lifting to another level. made from quality neoprene, they help to retain heat, reducing stiffness in muscles and joints which in turn, minimizes the possibility of sustaining injuries.
- Provides excellent stability and support
- Very good for lifting
- Aids healing of knee injuries
- Usually develops odors from sweating
- Not good for running long distances as it offers less mobility
Another knee sleeve that is sold in pair. The makers of this sleeve had comfort in mind when they made it, and it is very good for those with sensitive skin too.
- Very Comfortable and can be worn all day
- Helpful for those with arthritis
- Great for weightlifting
- Not very breathable, can be sweaty
- Gets loose after several washes and slides down
5) Bear KompleX Knee Sleeves (Pair) (7mm)
This is a knee sleeve made from neoprene and is very good for squats. They are not very flexible as they were designed specifically for lifting.
- Great for squats and lifting
- Offers great compression that helps to improve blood flow and keep your legs warm.
- Comes in different thickness and colors
- They do not last for a long time
- This sleeve is breathable but sweats up your legs easily
- Not suitable for those with big thighs
Knee pain and injury is no joke! And with so many different types of knee sleeves on the market today, we sincerely hope this review article helped narrow down the options for you.
The comparison has been simplified in the chart at the beginning of this article and after reviewing the information here, you can click on the links in the comparison chart and the article for more product information and to check for product availability.